From my Haumea's Kitchen and others

Sunday, May 30, 2010

Corn Fritters inspired by E & O Trading Company


Tonight, I made these White Corn Fritters inspired by E and O Trading Company.

I didn't have any coriander. I also scaled back the ingredients as I didn't want to make 16-20 if I didn't like them

So I was able to bring the recipe down to make 6, 4 inch size fritters.

1/2 cup all purpose flour (Organic)
1/8 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 cumin
Ala'e Salt and Pepper to taste.
4 Chive leaves sliced thinly into mix
1 egg
1/3 cup water
1 celery stock quartered and sliced very thin
1/2 crushed smashed garlic in Ala'e Salt and Pepper
1 fresh white corn cut corn and scrape the cob for the corn milk this sweetens the fritter
Dash of white pepper
Dash of Vignon and Old Bay Seasoning

In a medium stainless steel pan, add light olive oil and canola oil don't make it deep just enough
Oil needs to be hot 325-350

Using a medium ice cream scooper into fry pan and press it out to 4 inch cool only 2-3 as it brings the heat down if overloaded.  Fry until crisp you should hear the corn start to pop. Fry to golden brown on each side and drain on paper towel and serve.

If you like Cilantro and some chopped into the batter but don't put too much use your own judgement.

0 comments: