From my Haumea's Kitchen and others

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Lunch today



Well pappa has to go to work, so I fixed Kobe Teriyaki Strips also included it for his lunch that he didn't finish.  I made the Teriyaki Sauce this morning.  I woke up with a terrible headache.  This weather can't  make up its mind.  It will be in the 30's-40's tonight sheesh.

Sliced some mango that I got from the market yesterday and it was quite good.

I made a Filipino Treat, Biko "Suman, " I used 2.5 cups of Thai Jasmine Sweet Rice it doesn't require as much water to cook as the Pearl Sweet Rice.  I take the water up to 3 on the rice cooker, I also put in 1/2 cup of Dehydrated Coconut Shreds from the Asian Market (not the baking coconut unless you want it hella sweet)  Let the rice cooker do all the work.  Once it's done and allowed to steam, I put 2/3 cup of brown sugar (dark or golden) 1/4 white fine sugar.   I put in a loaf pan and bake at 350 for 35 minutes.  I don't add any coconut milk (reason??? I don't want the saturation from the coconut milk)

For the Kobe Teriyaki, I used 1/2 cup Shoyu, 1 Tablespoon Oyster Sauce, 1/2 teaspoon Sesame Oil,
2Tablespoons Brown Sugar, 1/4 cup of Honey, 1/4 cup of mirin and 1/4 cup of Sake, I cooked it a little with a dab of butter let cool then I soaked the meat.  The sauce will hold in fridge for a week or 2.

Lastly there's nothing like a fresh bowl of Cherries from San Joaquin County.  The bings are not ready yet.

0 comments: