From my Haumea's Kitchen and others

Friday, June 25, 2010

Deep Fried Squash Blossom


This afternoon I went for a little stroll at DiCarli for the Farmer's Market it wasn't extremely hot.
After having the best deep fried squash blossoms at Mundaka in Carmel I was destined to make them.
I love squash blossom as it is.  But oh la la.

So I scurried all the recipe and I combined Wolfgang Pucks and another version for the batter.
Of course those recipes were for huge batches.

This batter was enough for 20 blossoms.

1/4 cup non glutinous rice flour (Miyako in cellophane bag)
3/4 cup all purpose flour
1/4 cup corn flour
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 cup cornstarch
1Tablespoon sugar
1/8 teaspoon sale
1 1/2 cup soda pop (sprite/7up/hansens)

Mix all the dry ingredients, pour in pop and stir with whisk until a little thicker than pancake batter do not overmix.

Clean blossoms and remove inside stamens and peel off fuzzy skins from stems I leave 2inches of stem easier to coat.

Coat each blossom and fry (I use canola and olive oil) golden brown on each side.

Make a sugar honey sauce with a little white and brown sugar.

0 comments: