From my Haumea's Kitchen and others

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Wednesday last week Pasta 7/14/2010


This was a quick dinner 22 minutes I think.

I had some ground beef and garlic italian sausage from Podesto's 1/2lb of each
I browned the meat then rendered down added garlic and cippolini onion.
Then I added on can of italian tomatoes (I blended with onion and garlic and italian herbs)
let it saute' a bit to cook out the canned taste.  I added 2 good squirts of Tomato Paste.
1 good squirt of Anchovy Paste, I crunched up a couple of procini mushrooms,
and 1-2 cups of beef broth and let simmer for 20 minutes. I added some fresh basil chopped up. 
 During this time of simmer
I cook 1.5 cups of the mini Bow-Tie or Mini Penne pasta al dente about 7 minutes.
Drain and add some fresh Parmiggiana Reggiano and toss the pasta so the cheese sticks then throw into sauce to finish  off then in 20-22 minutes it's done.

0 comments: