From my Haumea's Kitchen and others

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Baby Dutch Yellow Potato Chips

Since last night I had posted those homemade potato chips.

I had 6 left in the bag they are small so on the mandolin quite easy to cut up.

So here's the story, don't go there saying she bought the chips and took the photo.
I don't think so.

1.  Got a mandolin?  I have only a basic one that I use for this slice. I have a bigger one put away in the buffet storage.

2. Wash and Dry the potatoes.

3.     Slice on Mandolin, I slice in to a bowl of cold water to prevent browning.

4.  I let the chips soak for a while to release the starch.

5. heat the oil to 350 degrees.  I use a small pot and 3 inches of oil.

6. Have a dry clean Spider handy

7. Get lots of paper towels or a clean towel one that hasn't been washed with fabric softener.

8. In small batches dry off the slices and sprinkle salt.  I alternate drying while frying the first batch.
The salt removes the water in the potato chips for a crisper chip.

9  Start to fry in small batches what your spider can hold is what you should put too much they'll create too much steam.  Drying them well in step 8 above helps. 

10.  Keep an eye on them it doesn't take long they will move around and check for golden brown.

11. Remove when done and drain on paper towel.  Here I season with salt, onion and garlic powder. 

Bon Appetito! 

0 comments: