From my Haumea's Kitchen and others

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Guava Rolls not too bad either


You know for the past fews weeks I have been ono for Punalu'u Bakery's Guava Rolls. I just didn't want to spend $27.50 in Fed X fees to send 2 bags to me
So I said well, since I am grounded with this head trauma, I might as well do something here.
Guava Concentrate and Preserves? Check
Flour and everything else? Check
Well here it is above.
Bon Appetito

Recipe is as follows:
1/2 Cup Guava Concentrate (Take one Frozen and cook down to a syrup and cool)
1/4 cup Guava Juice warmed to 110 degrees
1/4 Cup water warmed to 110 degrees
1 egg
1/2 stick good butter melted and cooled
1/4 non dry milk
1 tablespoon sugar
1 tablespoon honey
3 1/4 cups AP flour/bread flour (yes I mix both) (plus a 1/4 cup on the side to use while kneading) 
2 1/4 teaspoon of actve dry yeast
1 tablespoon coconut cream (this is the pkg to make coconut cream)
If you have Guava Jelly put a Tablespoon

Mix the warmed juice and water place yeast and sprinkly 1 teaspoon (separate from above) on the sugar to push the blossoming of the yeast let that sit up to 7-8 minutes

Mix the above ingredients and when the yeast mixture is ready mix it all in.
You'll need to knead the dough for 5 minutes use a timer and your biceps.  If you are lazy then use your bread machine up to the knead point.  I find that I like kneading it myself.

In a bowl spray with Pam or Mazola place your ball of beautiful pinkness into the bowl put a little canola oil on top of the dough cover with Saran Wrap and towel and let it rise until doubled. It's been warm outside so I let it rise outside.
After the initial rise punch dough down, turn it out and cut into 3 inch square.  Roll each square into a ball
and place in a prepared pan 2 inches apart or on parchment paper your choice let the dough rise for the 2nd time. Cover with Saran Wrap ( I keep the 1st one) and  Towel.  45-60 minutes.

Once ready to go separately from recipe brush carefully each roll with egg/water or egg/milk mixture for the glow.

**During the last 10 minutes of rising preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Bake 15-20 minutes until golden brown.

0 comments: