From my Haumea's Kitchen and others

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Snickerdoodles

Snickerdoodles

I love to make these, but I hadn't made them in a long time and these were a perfect batch.

I have tried many and I have sampled lots.

Here goes

2 3/4 cups all purpose flour

1 1/2 cups of fine sugar (Baking Sugar is nice)

1 Stick REAL butter softened room temperature

1/2 cup of Crisco Butter Shortening

2 teaspoons Cream of Tartar

1 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda

1 Tablespoon Vanilla ( you can use 1 teaspoon)

1/8 teaspoon salt ( I use kosher flake)

2 Eggs room temperature

For Cinnamon Sugar Coating 

1/2 sugar fine sugar

2 heaping teaspoons of Cinnamon

Preheat oven  to 375 degrees

1. Cream and Butter on shortening then add sugar and mix thoroughly do not overwork it.

2.  Add eggs, baking soda, cream of tartar and vanilla

3.  Add flour take your time adding the flour and incorporate well

4.  Use a medium cookie scooper, scoop the  batter and roll into sugar

Bake 2 inches apart for 8-9 minutes cool on cooling rack.

0 comments: