From my Haumea's Kitchen and others

Monday, May 30, 2011

Haumea's Fish Sauce Chicken Wings(Inspired by PokPok Chicken Wings)


Garlic Fish Sauce Chicken Wings

You know Osha in the city on Union St., makes some dang good Angel Wings.

Well I think I have finally found and inspired and made my own version up of the Pok Pok Wings I saw on TV the other day they looked real good but seemed so overpowered with too many flavors.  I like to be able to still taste the chicken with the sauce. 

So I got it to where I want it to be, I'm sure I'll add something else down the line.
Okay the party wings washed cleaned, dried then seasoned.  I Kosher salt, pepper and Old Bay Seasoning on the wings.

In a plastic bag, 1/4 cup of rice flour, 2/3 cup of flour, garlic and onion powder, old bay seasoning, salt and pepper shake up the mix and coat shake 8 wings at a time. (This is to your taste I just shake and don't measure)

Deep fry until golden brown. Since it's wings I use a fry pan and do one package at one time.  

In a medium pot:
1/4 cup Thai Fish Sauce you need the good stuff and don't use Rufina
1/4 cup Light Yamasa Soy Sauce (Because of the saltiness already I went with light shoyu)
1 Tablespoon Shao Xing Wine (I always have this at home now)
1/4 cup of Mirin (Use the good stuff it makes a difference)
1 heaping teaspoon of crushed garlic (if you crush it yourself make it into a paste with a little kosher salt)
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup of light brown sugar 
1 Tablespoon of Honey 
1 teaspoon of olive oil or use 1 teaspoon from the oil in the pan
Let this simmer while you are frying the wings up, when you are doing the last batch of wing on the turns , then crank the heat up a bit but watch it as it will boil over and you don't want it to get to hard crack take it to syrupy or soft crack once the wings are all cooked slather the sauce on and toss well..... 
Voila......enjoy with rice of course we eat brown rice blend ..... 

0 comments: