From my Haumea's Kitchen and others

Sunday, May 22, 2011

This is a smothered Egg Foo Yung
3 organic eggs
1/4 teaspoon of Baking Powder
Bean Sprouts
Scallion
Shitake Mushrooms
Pancetta Lardons cooked and set aside prior to assembly

Sauce:
2 cups of chicken stock
1Tablespoon Shoyu
1 teaspoon Oyster Sauce
1 teaspoon regular brown gravy
salt and pepper
Corn Starch Solution:
2 Heaping teaspoons caron starch  to 1 cup water


There's nothing like Egg Foo Yung, it's quick, it's filling and yummy.   I happened to have some fresh Bean Sprouts and Shitake Mushrooms, I didn't have any Char Sui Pork but I did have Pancetta on hand which worked.

Beat the 3 eggs
slice shitakes
dice green scallion
clean the bean sprouts I like to clean those loose tails off rinse and dry well in a salad spinner
you don't want the extra moisture
add this to eggs then salt and pepper

I made one big omelette with this you can make them smaller
cook on low heat and be patient it will take time to cook I just don't like the egg to cook faster then the veggies. Flip it over cook the other side and slide on to dish

While the egg is cooking start the gravy you can thicken with more cornstarch solution as needed.

Serve with brown rice voila


0 comments: