From my Haumea's Kitchen and others

Sunday, July 31, 2011

French Inspired Braised Shortribs

French Inspired Short Ribs
Locques Restaurant in LA, CA. Featured on
"The Best thing I ever ate"

By all means, I am not a French cook, but I love some French dishes.
Not the heavy ones but many others.
I am really pickey about tourrines, however I had the yummiest Asparagus one in
Sta. Barbara I think.

So here I used nicely thick cut short ribs and,
a nice thick cut boneless short rib for pappa.

Seasoned with Kosher Salt/Pepper and Thyme
Seared in pan on each side and set aside on a dish for a bit.

Then I saute'd diced onion and leek and carrots, I used a small concentrate of Veal Stock, 1 teaspoon of Herbs de Provence, 4 cups of water, and 1 porcini mushrom stock cube followed by 1 bottle of Malbec, yes it is one I would drink, I let the alcohol burn off then added the meat back in and braised on low-medium for about 2 hours until the meat is tend keeping an eye on the meat and liqiud. The water shouldn't cover the meat but at about meat level.

After 1 hour has passed add 2 Tablespoons of some real good Balsamic vinegar and add to pot, let it cook for the remaning time.

I served with Saffron Brown Rice just enough saffron for color and a little something in the rice.

I served this also with Au'gratin potatoes and baked tomatoes with Panko and Gruyere'.
Voila!

0 comments: