From my Haumea's Kitchen and others

Wednesday, July 4, 2012



Pancit Bihon my way 

I wanted Rice Sticks today, so this is Pancit Bihon my way. 
Skirt steak, micro bell pepper, garlic chives, chives, scallion, carrot and zucchini along with some Funghi, and Black mushroom. 




Lechon Kawali my way 

Kawali is one of those filipino dishes utilizing Pork Shoulder. 
It's usually boiled then dried chilled then deep fried the next day.  Pre-diabetes diagnosis, I did like this dish but never cooked it the traditional way as it seemed so tedious. 

Since I cook Pork Belly, and I use my turbo oven alot , why not give it a try.  I usually make the lechon in here.   So the butcher here was able to slice the pork belly think enough I cooked at 375 for about an hour twenty minutes.  

The nice thing this way is the fat will render off very nicely. 


My New York Crumb Cakes with huckleberries and valrhona crisps

Pappa needed his coffee cake so I made him a New York Crumb Coffee cake now I altered the sugar for Stevia and it works quite nicely and he can't tell the difference which is nice.  Then this way I can have a piece. 

Well, Happy 4th of July 2012 it's been a while since I posted. 

Bon Appetit!!!!!!


0 comments: