From my Haumea's Kitchen and others

Sunday, December 16, 2012



Energy Bars
 
 
This recipe was adapted from:
I used a conversion chart accordingly.
Lovely flavor, I cut back some of the honey for me. For the most part
I happened to have all the ingredients handy, which was odd meant to be.
I used my nut choice as I had almonds from our tree and have hazelnuts as I made Better then Nutella the other day.
Lastly, I added a quarter cup of mini semi sweet morsels.
 
 
 
 
Energy bars
Serves 8:
115 g butter, softened
150 g honey
1 egg
85 g powdered almonds (Almond flour)
90 g dried apricots, sliced ( I used dried cherries and cranberries)
50 g Goji berries
50 g cashew, chopped  (for the nuts I used, almonds and hazelnuts)
15 g sesame seeds
15 g sunflower seeds
10 g inflated quinoa ( I happened to have honey roasted quinoa puffs I got at Whole Foods)
85 g oat meal  (I used oatmeal that I processed)
Pre-heat the oven to 180ºC.
Grease a rectangular pan (18 x 27 cm).
Whisk the butter with the honey until creamy.
Add the egg and the powdered almonds and combine until smooth.
Add the remaining ingredients.
Pour the dough into the pan taking care to make an even surface.
Bake for 20-25 minutes or until firm and golden.
Let it cool down completely before unmoulding and cutting the bars.



0 comments: