From my Haumea's Kitchen and others

Monday, January 21, 2013

 
 
Turbo Oven Roasted Duck
 
I bought a duckling the other day.  The one restaurant I used to by from have gone out
of business.  I remember the owner telling me his kids were all done with college now, so it was time to give it up.
So I have been craving roast duck.  Of course I don't have the chinese kitchen
my turbo oven did just fine.
 
 
 
 
Pork and Shrimp White Miso Wonton Soup
 
It's been in the 20's in our locale which is abnormal.  It feels like I am at work in
Cleveland in the old days.  I have been making soup alot but we both love wonton
soup but it has to be good.
We were in Sac over the weekend, so I picked up some white miso, kurobata ground pork, farmed prawns and sake.
So for my wonton blossoms the meatball combined are the shrimps, the kurobata pork,
bamboo shoots and water chestnuts and just a small pinch of 5 spice.
For the broth, it was homemade chicken stock, white miso, sake,
and shitake powder.
 
 
 
Guava Haupia
 
I have been ono (craving) for haupia. Since I'm on the kick of
using C and H Stevia Light thought i'd give it a whirl.
My goodness it came out so good. 
Luckily Goya has frozen guava puree.....next time i'll make lilikoi haupia.
 
 
 
 
 
Mac-Off's
Oatmeal Biscoff Cookies with Macadamia Nuts and
Guittard Milk Chocolate Chips

 
 
 
 
 
 


 
 
 

0 comments: