From my Haumea's Kitchen and others

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

 
 
Filipino Dish
Salmon  Sinagang
 
You know the weather started to really get nice spring-like but the past few days it appears
winter is back.
 
Since we were in Napa this past Sunday to celebrate our son's 33rd birthday, I do my grocery shopping before heading home.
 
So we stopped at Vallergas Market and Whole Foods.
 
Picked up some Salmon since it's lent for the freezer and some Salmon pieces.
 
This soup is a traditional filipino soup.  It's normally done with Tamarind
and other spices and msg.
 
So I do mine a little different but it's still regional.
I saute a few cippolini onions shallot and garlic,   Then I add some water maybe 6 cups in a
3 quart pot. 
Seasonings I use are lemon salt, fleur de sel, white and black pepper
2 Kaffir Lime leaves and bring liquid to a boil.
I add 1 ladle of Sake (any will do)
I let it simmer for about 10 minutes then I add Salmon Pieces, ie., some of the belly parts
if your butcher has any or the pieces they set aside for chowder. I only cook until it turns opaque.
Then I top with some Chinese Napa, Snap Peas and let the steam cook it uncovered then serve with rice.
 
 
 

0 comments: