From my Haumea's Kitchen and others

Sunday, October 6, 2013

Carrot Cake my way
 
I came across a Carrot Cake that I kept revamping so with the revisions here it is my way.
The pinapple above is Fresh Mau'i Gold Pineapple, I grilled in grill pan soaked in Coconut Milk and a C & H Stevia Light  and Cinammon Mix, very onolicious.  Learned from some family friends.
 
Carrot Cake
1/3 pound coarsely grated carrots 
1 small zucchini grated
2 extra large eggs, at room temperature
1/2 cup C and H Stevia light sugar
1/2 canola oil
1/3 cups firmly packed brown sugar
1 teaspoons pure vanilla
Finely grated zest of 1 large orange
1 1/8 cup oatmeal (I use McCann's and process into flour)
5/8 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon ground cloves ( only used a pinch)
1/8 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
1/2 cup shredded coconut don't use baker's I use dried desiccated coconut
1/2 cup cranberries I minced
 
In case you want cream cheese frosting.
Cream Cheese Frosting
6 ounces cream cheese, softened
2 ounces unsalted butter, softened
1 teaspoons pure vanilla
1/4 teaspoon lemon extract (optional)
1 teaspoons lemon zest
1 teaspoons orange zest
1 1/4 cups confectioners’ sugar
Mix all ingredients together
 
Prepare  9″ cake pans with parchment and oil. Preheat oven to 350 degree and bake 20-25 minutes until done check for doneness with knife comes out clean.
 

0 comments: