From my Haumea's Kitchen and others

Sunday, January 19, 2014









 
 
 
 
Caramel Honey Crisp Apple Hand Pies
 
 
Been watching the Niner - Seahawks game and augh how stressful.
 
So I got around to making my diabetic friendly Caramel Sauce.
I had some Pillsbury pie crust in the fridge and made the above.
 
I used one Honey Crisp Apple and sliced on the mandolin
Then mixed the sliced with 1 teaspoon of cornstarch, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon,
2 teaspoons of C and H Stevia Light and 2 Tablespoons of the caramel and mixed.
 
I used a Mayonnaise lid to cut 5 circles and bunched up the rest of the dough and made a 6th one.
 
I placed enough apple mixture in each disc folded and crimped.
Egg washed the tops of each one, and made 3 slits, sprinkle with Turbonado Sugar
 
Baked in oven 350 degrees for 25-30
 

0 comments: