From my Haumea's Kitchen and others

Sunday, January 19, 2014

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Caramel Sauce My Way a little Diabetic Friendly
 
 
  1/2 cup C and H Stevia light sugar. It's in a pink/white/green pkg near all the sweeteners.
  1/4 cup regular sugar. (Caramel sauce otherwise uses 1.5 cups of regular sugar.)
  1/3  cup water.
  Put ...the water in a stainless steel small pot and add the sugar do not stir just leave it. Low-medium heat and let it do it's thing. You can wash down the side of the pot with a brush and water.
 
  Have 1 1/4 cup of heavy cream,
1 heaping teaspoon of good butter,
 1 teaspoon vanilla extract.
pinch of Fleur de Sel
 
  Keep swirling the pot around on the stove because this caramel can burn fast so you'll need to watch it carefully. I take it darker than amber color where it looks burned but doesn't smell like it. So it's best to cook it low med and adjust to your own stove. I use a Calpahalon pan so I know the heat is distributed correctly. the caramel will look kinda crackly foamey and should like pic 2 this is 20 minutes in. 
 
 Pour in the cream, butter vanilla and I do add a pinch of pure fleur de sel stir it around and if you have a candy thermometer I let it cook to about 200-205 degrees.
 
  Turn the stove off and let it cool completely it should be a thick consistency the next day you put in fridge and you can top it on a yogurt parfait or ice cream. 
 I use for my coffee. Notice there is no corn syrup in this. Yay. Enjoy!
 
 

0 comments: