From my Haumea's Kitchen and others

Sunday, April 27, 2014




Breakfast Frittata
 
Simple Breakfast Frittata with some of our chickateers eggs.
I had left over sautéed veggies from the night before.
I caramelized some mushrooms and voila









CHOUQUETTES
 
I am fascinated with chouquettes.  Of course, it's just a Pate' a choux.
 
I was able to find a recipe to make a small pan worth.
 
You'll need:
 

For 195 g, you will need:

2 ½ tablespoons milk
2 ½ tablespoons water
2 tablespoons butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
¼ cup flour
1 egg
½ teaspoon c and h stevia light
Pearl Sugar or Turbinado Sugar 
1 egg yolk and 1T water for egg wash
 
Preheat oven 400 degrees
 
Heat the milk, water and butter until the butter is melted, add the vanilla, salt and sugar
take off the stove, add the flour and mix until it forms a ball.
Bring it back to the stove and let it dry out a minute, then turn stove off.
Transfer dough to a bowl
I let it cool down a couple minutes
then I add the egg and I use a hand mixer to blend well until the dough is smooth
 
It's then ready, I put in a sandwich bag and pipe unto the silpat/silicone pad.  Brush egg wash on each Chouquette and then sprinkle sugar atop each one.
 
 
Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes then reduce to 320-350 and bake for additional
20-25 minutes until golden brown
 
Ready to serve warm
 
 
 


0 comments: