From my Haumea's Kitchen and others

Sunday, August 24, 2014

 
 
 
Li Hing Pickled Mango
 
I have been going nuts the past week and wanted my Kaua'i Tutu's pickled mango.
So my daughter and trekked to the market today and low and behold we found to of
most perfect firm green green mango.
 
I made just enough pickling liquid for the above jars.
 
2/3 cup Seasoned Rice Vinegar
1/3 Regular Cider Vinegar
1 Tablespoon Brown Sugar
1 heaping teaspoon of my c and h stevia light blend with lemon verbena
1/4 teaspoon ala'ea Hawaiian salt (the red one)
1 teaspoon shoyu
1/2 cup water
1 teaspoon Li Hing Powder
 
 
Boil the mixture then let cool completely,
Slice the mango up, prep the jars once cooled
then pack and pour then place in fridge.
 
I usually wait 2-3 days but by week end should be ono.
 


0 comments: