From my Haumea's Kitchen and others

Thursday, May 20, 2010

King Crab Cakes


Okay I lied, I said I wouldn't post or make dinner.  However, after 4 hours sleep last night (not too sure why I couldn't sleep) I woke up at 5 a.m.  Got home from my commute 5:40p.m.

So, I was too lazy to stop or call in food and just kept driving my Ka'a home I only just wanted to get home.

Searching my fridge, alas had King Crab Leg Meat so I had dill, and everything to make King Crab Cakes.

The Recipe for this is as follows this is my version and works for me.

1 container Dungeness Crab meat or 1/2 lb of King Crab Meat 
If using King Crab shred it up a bit.

1/2 cup Mayonnaise (Light is fine)
1/4 cup tartar sauce
1 Tablespoon Capers Chop up a bit
1 Tablespoon of Chopped Dill if you like dill add more.  (I like to taste the crab myself so I don't put a lot)
1 Teaspoon Fresh thyme
a good dab of chopped chive
Salt and Pepper to your taste
1 medium egg
1/2 cup Panko Bread Crumbs
1/2 Lemon Juice

Mix all the ingredients except the crab once all combined slowly fold in the crab.
Put mixture in fridge to settle.

In a separate bowl, put 1 cup Panko Fine and 1/2 of super fine, Salt and Pepper and some Old Bay Seasoning

Have a 1/2 measuring cup or large ice cream scooper handy to make the patties.  I personally don't like a lot of breading so your choice.  Scoop into bowl of Panko and carefully coat and pan fry in Canola Oil until brown on each side. I eat them like this with Brown Rice.


Bon Appetit!!!

0 comments: