From my Haumea's Kitchen and others

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Today's Cuisine


I was inspired by the "Noble Pig Blog" and decided to try making those Crab Cakes.  I altered it up a tad as I happened to pick up ground Lobster believe it or not at Oto's in Sacramento yesterday after work.

Preheat oven or Convection to 300
For the Panko portion:

1 1/2 Cup Honey Panko
1/4 Cup Parmesan Cheese (Use Fresh Grated)
1/4 Cup of Fresh Grated Asiago
Snipped Chive
Pepper
1 Cube Melted Butter

Melt Butter then toss with the above ingredients and set aside.

For the Crab Cake part or Lobster

6-8 oz of Lump Crab Meat or if you have ground Lobster get a package (The Real stuff)
1/4 teaspoon smashed garlic or crushed.  I take a fresh clove and smash with Kosher and Pepper
1/4 cup grated Parmesan
Snipped Chive
2 Tablespoons (healthy spoons) Mayonnaise
1/4 Cup Artichoke Parmesan Dip (I get this made here and is available at most stores)
1/4 Cup of Sour Cream
Tablespoon Lemon Juice
Zest of half a lemon
1 Tablespoon of Dijonaisse
1 egg

Mix all the above except for the  crab or lobster fold this in last.

In a mini baking pan if you have the 24 this will work.  Reserve 1/2 cup of Panko mix for the topping

Press about a Tablespoon of Crumb Mix into prepared mini muffin pan, push a slight well.
I put a healthy Teaspoon of Crab Mix into well. Sprinkle some Panko Topping on each one

Bake for 20 minutes until Golden Brown you'll know.

I will use some Capers next time chopped.  mmmmmmmmmmmm

0 comments: