From my Haumea's Kitchen and others

Monday, July 12, 2010

Made more Foccacia Bread

I love Foccacia Bread., I made one from a recipe however, I made a few changes.


My pan is a 9 X 13 inch pan you can use a square 9 X 9 pan as well.



2 Cups Flour

1/8 teaspoon kosher salt (for the dough)

½ warm water 110 degrees add 1 scant teaspoon yeast (don’t use the whole packet if you use that, so measure it out)

½ cup water by itself

1 Tablespoon sugar

1 teaspoon italian seasoning (crush it through your fingers into bowl)

1 teaspoon fresh crushed garlic (I finally chop 2 cloves and smear on cutting board with salt and chop chop)

1 Tablespoon Parmigianno Reggiano cheese the good stuff from the Deli

1 Tablespoon good olive oil ( this is for the dough)

Whisk the flour, salt and sugar

Add, the oil, all the water and yeast. Best mix with your hand turn out to your board lightly flour and knead the dough just until it comes together you’ll know it no longer sticks to board.

I lightly grease a bowl and place the dough and brush some olive oil and let proof. (per the recipe you can proof 1 hour to overnight) Today I did it when I went to work and it was fine.

Punch down. Prep your baking pan with 1-2 tablespoons of EVOO to coat the bottom, press and stretch the dough to fit your pan it will look like there’s a lot of EVOO on the bottom don’t worry it will soak up. Make the dimples on your loaf or prick with a fork, at this point you can season here, I brush lightly some EVOO on top and put some crushed Italian herbs and garlic and some salt on the top let it proof for 30 -45 minutes and bake 15-20 minutes at 400 degrees. I like the flaked Kosher salt that’s what I used on top.

Bon Appetito!

.

0 comments: