From my Haumea's Kitchen and others

Thursday, January 24, 2013

 
French Onion Soup and Pizza Dog
 
 
 
5 Yello medium onion sliced thin
 
 
Saute'd slowly to release their natural sugars
 
 
 
 
After an hour yeah, this is what I ended up with.
 
 
 
 
In a separate pot I seared 3 prime short rib bones with meat for 2 hours
The last 45 minutes I added the caramelized onions. BTW deglaze the pan from the saute pan
 
 
 
French Onion Soup my way
 
There are recipes all over the web for the soup.  It's so about the flavor.
I usually have my butcher cut me up a femur sideways into 3 as we have 3 dogs
and I give the bones after they have cooled down and have done there job in the soup.
I happened to only have the prime long short ribs in freezer.
 
In pot searing the short ribs I added a potful of water
I added salt and pepper, frenche thyme and herbs de provence
I also added classic french stock to it and let is simmer away until the meat can shred away
about 1:45-2:00 hours.
 
During the last 45 minutes I put the onions in and remove the bones.
Taste for flavor.
Is it ready? 
Then off to the broiler topping with some good crusty bread and gruyere cheese
Topped with chive after it's all said and done.
 
I love Scambria French bread in Napa I get extra so I can make croutons and that is
what I topped this with the cheese and threw a little extra cheese after.
 
Bon appetit
 
 

0 comments: