From my Haumea's Kitchen and others

Monday, May 3, 2010

Roast Duck Udon, Soft Shell Crab with Tangerine Reduction Sauce

Udon 2 stacks of Organic Udon Noodles (dried) cooked as directed
1/4 slab of Kamaboko sliced thin
Sweet Peas cut on diagonal
Dashi Soup Stock cook as directed
Couple Drops of Sesame See oil.
Also add wakamae if available or enoki mushrooms


The soft shell crab I bought at Oto's and was frozen but if see them fresh it's better of course.
I seasoned lightly and coated with a Rice Flour and Panko Mixture with Old Bay Seasoning Salt and Pepper and pan fried.
The sauce was dash of shoyu, juice of 2 tangerines or 1 orange, 1 tablespoon butter cooked and reduced down
Tonight was simple
I had some left over Roasted Duck, I had mushrooms, sweet peas , dashi and Kamaboko.
Soft Shell Crab Appetizer coated in flour and Panko with a Tangerine Reduction Sauce.
Oh yeah brown rice.
So sounds more like comfort food tonight as I am a tad under the weather.

0 comments: