From my Haumea's Kitchen and others

Saturday, August 28, 2010

ABT Grilled Cheese on Baguette and Homemade Potato Chips


Here's my rendition of my Ultimate Grilled Cheese Sandwich
I love Il Fornaio Bread especially their Baguette.
Sliced the Baguette at an angle for the look
So used Land o Lakes Tuscan Butter stuff on each side of the slices
Grill on each side keep them matched
I grated Swiss Gruyere and Fontina
I put sour cream on one side and the cheese on the other
add sliced tomato I used the grape ones here think small now
a bacon strip (good applewood bacon I buy Boars Head) fold in half
I also throw a couple thin slices of avocado
then stack it up and press a bit longer.


I also made these potato chips I saw on Food TV it seemed easy and I have been playing with my
mandolin lately so why not  I had baby Yukon Golds.

I used 1/2 canola oil and 1/2 peanut oil in a small pan since thinking small.
Heat oil to 350 and fry in small batches thank goodness I have a small spider.

Non oily and I added just enough Kosher salt at the end.

Dinner is served Bon Appetito!!!!

0 comments: