From my Haumea's Kitchen and others

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Beignetsadas (with Banana)

Mini Banana Beignetsadas my way with Orange Zest adapted by the Recipe Mini Banana Beignets in Food Networks latest Magazine.  These remind me of Malasadas and Beignets so making it a French Inspired Hawaiian Donut Hole.  Aloha and Bon Appetit.

I thought I'd give these another whirl.  I saw the recipe on Food Networks latest issue on the back
I made a first batch to the recipe.  I altered some of the ingredients and got the texture I wanted.
I also used a small/medium saucepan to heat the oil to work in small batches.  Oil heat 350-375 degrees.

Cake flour was fine but if you fry in a fry pan it gets a little saturated so I used a sauce pan and canola oil and small batches of 4-6 because they will fry fast on medium low heat.


I also adjusted the ingredients for a half batch here goes:


1/2 cup a/p flour (organic) Have an extra tablespoon on side

1/3 Soft as Silk Cake Flour

1 1/8 teaspoon baking powder

1/4 teaspoon salt

dash of cinammon like 1/8 of a teaspoon but use what you want I don't like a lot of cinnamon just want to taste it only.  I beleive the Banana is the Star here.

1/2 cup sugar (for dough)

1 med egg

1/4 cup whole milk (Organic)

1 overripe banana

Lemon or Orange Zest

1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

Heat the oil in small or medium sauce pan to 350-375 degrees

I used a small cookie ice cream scooper for the roundness.  I'm not quick with the spoon

Have colander with paper towel to drain excess oil off the beignetsadas

Mix all the above ingredients with a wisk then ready to go you'll see the dough expand fast. Cook and have a small spider web ready to turn or chopsticks until golden brown drain excess and roll in plain sugar. (For me because the cinnamon is already in the mix I wanted to taste the banana and not just cinnamon)

So this small batch is nice and perhaps save on the calories. Hahhaha

Aloha for now until the next thing I decide to cook.

0 comments: