From my Haumea's Kitchen and others

Monday, November 21, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving Week

Hello everyone, I know it's been a while since I've posted any meals.  I'm so busy at the office
and my 72 mile commute each way it's wearing on me. So by the time I get home it's something fast and have been either dining out on the weekends or that is when I actually cook.

So last night it was Au Gratin Potatoes, Kobe and Lobster.



Tonight, well.....I labored of love and made Lobster Risotto.  Last nights shells I boiled for a while, pulverised those shells and saved that broth for the Risotto and voila, here it is. 



Lobster Risotto Ingredients


2 8-ounce uncooked lobster tails ( If you can get the whole lobster’s that will be better).  The more the merrier.

3 ½ cups seafood stock (I buy the seafood stock at Podesto’s in the soup section it’s in a box, and I use Lobster Stock concentrated it’s in a jar “Better than Boullion”).Reserve the stock from cooking the lobsters. This becomes part of the above stock.

1 tablespoon olive oil

2 tablespoons white or black truffle oil to finish. ( I found truffled butter in Sac., but Podesto’s has concentracted black truffle in a tube it's great)

1/4 cup chopped shallots and leeks.  I love leeks, just the white part and clean well.

1 cup arborio rice

1/4 cup brandy or white wine

1/3 cup whole milk or cream for the end.

1/3 cup chopped fresh chives

1 1/2 T butter to use sparingly throughout
Directions

Preheat oven 425.
Cook lobster in large pot of simmering salted water until cooked through, about 7-10 minutes depending on size.  I also put thyme and aromatics in the water to season. Transfer to bowl of cold water to cool. Drain lobster. Remove meat from shells; reserve shells. Cut meat into 1/2-inch pieces.

Break shells into large pieces. Place on baking sheet and bake 15 minutes. Blend shells with 1 cup chicken broth in blender until finely chopped. Strain through fine sieve. Reserve lobster broth; discard shells. I bypass this and just blend and add to stock then put it all through sieve.  So if you don't feel like putting them in the oven it's fine, put through the sieve twice.


Bring 2 1/2 cups seafood/lobster broth to simmer; keep hot. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in heavy large saucepan over medium heat. Add cippolini onions, leeks sliced and shallots; sauté 2 minutes. Add rice; stir 2 minutes. Add brandy or wine ; reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer until brandy is absorbed, stirring constantly, about 2 minutes. Add lobster broth. Simmer until rice is just tender and mixture is creamy, adding remaining broth by 1/4 cupfuls as needed and stirring often, about 20 minutes. Add lobster and cream; stir until heated through. Remove from heat. Stir in 2 tablespoons truffle oil and chives. Season with salt and pepper.

Finish with truffle oil, now if you have Truffled Butter add some of that and Bon appetit!
Serves 4.

0 comments: